A nationally recognized successful and growing Midwestern AG related company is seeking an accomplished strong business professional and experienced Operations Executive with strategic visioning capabilities as well as a track record of success in implementing those strategies. This position is located in the Agricultural belt of the Midwest in the State of Illinois.
Why this would be a great job for the right person:
- This is one of the top ten companies in the production of their product in the US
- Financially stable with a track record of not laying off people
- Solid reputation within their industry and the AG industry overall
- Strong track record of consistent and profitable growth
- Chance to work with a diverse ownership group on the strategy to grow their business
- Opportunity to have a positive impact on operational procedures and continuous improvement initiatives
- Great Midwesten location with an excellent quality of life and low C.O.L.
- This is a new position created to allow the CEO to pursue growth opportunities while this position, working with the CEO and the owners group, will set goals & objective, and on a daily basis, monitor departmental progress and ensure company goals are achieved through accountability of the appropriate stakeholders.
- As this is a newly created position, the CEO will evaluate the current reporting structure/organizational chart and make the appropriate recommendations for change to allow for the autonomy of the COO to effectively carry out the tasks assigned.
- A significant part of the responsibilities involve the growth of the PSM business unit. The CEO is an “out of the box” thinker, who often goes against accepted norms. This practice/strategy has proven extremely effective in growing the business to its current ranking in their industry.
- Together with the support and council of the owners (a group of like-minded people – from the career perspective – that has a diversity of approach to business strategy) the COO will participate in the visionary growth strategy and will be tasked with implementing that strategy.
- In addition to pursuing growth opportunities, projects will involve streamlining operational procedures along with continuous improvement initiatives.
To be considered for this role:
- This person will come from an AG related background, this can include but not be limited to Live Production; Feed/Grain Production; or Animal Health related services etc.
- An accomplished business’ acumen coupled with an AG related degree and a Master’s degree (MBA) is required.
- The CEO would prefer an analytical thinker supported by a Ph.D.
- This person will have a minimum five years of operational experience in a director or GM role and any exposure to international business/trade would be ideal.
- This individual must have a strong demonstrated track record of leadership.
- They must have the ability to express their opinions; stand up for and support their beliefs; be able to push back when necessary and also be able to demonstrate their ability to be a strong team player.
- They will have the ability to take rejection without explanation without offense and strive to further the goals of the company with a commitment of loyalty and attention to discretion.
- They will have a track record of accomplishments in delivering results, problem solving and effective communications and management skills at all levels within a corporate setting of a privately held company.
For More Details Contact: Jim Hipkind Continental Search Phone: (800) 799-4520 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Check out our jobs at www.consearch.com