To be successful in this role you must have strong leadership skills, animal husbandry expertise, be thorough in your work and be able to hold people accountable while inspiring them to do quality work.
Immediate responsibilities include managing the gestation department for a successful sow unit, from there you rotate through other barns in the region, developing your skills and working as a relief manager. As advancement opportunities arise, you will be promoted to run your own operation of 2400-sow commercial unit with a staff of 8. The target date for promotion to Farm Manager is 6-12 months.
To be considered for this job
We’re looking for a highly motivated and caring person with a degree in Animal Science and3 years leadership experience in a large-scale total confinement swine operation. Concentrated experience with breeding and gestation is a plus. Strong math, communication, and leadership skills are needed to be successful. Since this is a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, we need someone who is adaptable and a team-player. Being good with detail and follow-through are necessary.
REASONS WHY THE RIGHT PERSON WILL LOVE THIS JOB
- Advancement opportunities
- Quality-of-life workweek (48-50 hours working 1 weekend out of 3)
- Incentive pay allows you to increase your income based on your farms production
- Team of 8 on each farm
- Financially stable company
- Excellent benefits package including 3 weeks vacation, retirement & health package
- Farm Managers are provided housing
- Company has excellent reputation in industry and low employee turnover
- Company is committed to the long-term growth of it’s swine business