One of the top ten swine management companies in the United Stateshas an immediate need for a strong experienced sow farm managers with a passion for the swine industry. These farm will all have 3600 head of sows and are all located in Illinois. Relocation assistance is provided. These are all new facilities that the company is opening this year.
To Be Considered For This Role:
- You must have 3-5 years experience as a farm manager out of a large scale swine confinement setting (3000- 5000 head) with at least 1 year of supervisory experience. A BS degree in Animal Science is preferred but will consider equivalent education/work experience.
- You must have experience in a sow operation being responsible for all daily aspects of that operation including: Proper Pig Production Practices; General Animal Husbandry; Bio-Security & Safety; Pig Flow; Nutrition; Treatment & Vaccinations; Environmental issues and Recordkeeping.
Management: Your experience will allow you to effectively hire, train, develop & supervise staff to attain production goals. You will oversee financial performance; comply with company SOPS; ensure adherence to company policies relating to Safety & Bio-Security; maintain targets & goals for breeding & farrowing and make recommendation to management team on operational improvements.
Why This is a Great Job for the Right Person:
- Working for one of the top ten swine producers in the country
- Solid reputation and positioned for continued growth
- Financially stable with farm production bonus potential
- Will hire husband & wife teams – provided they work at the same location
- Strong potential to become a production Manager over 3-4 farms
- Competitive salary, paid medical for the family, bonus and relocation assistance.