Top 25 pork producer is seeking to add to their management team a dedicated swine professional with proven leadership skills to further the company’s goals. They are located in Central Iowa and have 8 sites with 50-60,000 hogs.
To be considered for this role:
- You must have 6-7 years in swine operation ideally overseeing the efforts of other supervisors/managers in a multi-site operation ensuring that proper production practices & animal husbandry methods are enforced.
- You must be knowledgeable in all aspects of a swine operation including but not limited to production data & financial measurements; animal health & security issues; pig flow; personnel management and facilities & equipment oversight.
Support: You will use you knowledge of the swine industry and familiarity of the company’s resources to identify and address needs in the various locations of the company whether it be training and development of personnel, capital needs or any other types of resources needed by the farm managers in order for them to maintain their level of productivity.This will extend over the company’s whole system of producers and will involve hands-on monitoring, training and coaching.
Leadership: You will bring your experience to select and develop production staff providing “big picture” perspective in the pursuit of excellence as it pertain to all aspect of the operation. This will include assisting staff with training and development in the areas of safety, proper pig production practices, animal husbandry methods and assisting staff with personnel related concerns. Your responsibilities may also extend from overseeing the company’s various locations to some of their contract growers.
Competency: You will use your demonstrated “attitude of service” to perform your duties in the monitory and management of the company facilities, machinery and equipment. You will assist other supervisors and managers in vision setting, monitoring compliance and will champion the company’s Do the “Right” Thing philosophy through your direct and honest communication at all levels not only in the company, but within the community and all other company stakeholders.
Reasons why this is a great job for the right person:
- Working with one of the Top 25 Pork Producers in the United States
- Uniquely positioned to have an impact of the overall operation of the company
- Bottom Up Philosophy – all resources are geared to support the Farm Managers actually raising the hogs.
- Company dedicated to the Pursuit of Excellence
- Family Oriented Company
- Team Player Environment
- Do the “Right” Thing philosophy practiced by all employees
- Competitive Salary, Benefits, Company Transportation and Relocation Assistance