If you like living in a rural area, are community oriented and are looking for a company that can boast about the tenure of their people – if you have a strong background in quality assurance and food safety – then you need to consider this very stable, environmentally sound, well established, growth oriented and profitable company that is seeking to add Assistant Sow Farm Managers to their team of one of the top pork producers in the United States. These positions are located in South West Kansas near the Oklahoma Panhandle. Farm sizes are 5400 head of sows.
To Be Considered For This Role:
- You must have 1-2 years experience working in a large scale swine confinement production setting. A BS degree in Animal Science is preferred but will consider equivalent education/work experience.
- You must have experience in a sow operation dealing with all daily aspects of that operation including: Proper Pig Production Practices; General Animal Husbandry; Bio-Security & Safety; Pig Flow; Nutrition; Treatment & Vaccinations; Environmental issues and Record Keeping.
Management: Your experience will allow you to effectively hire, train, develop & supervise staff to attain production goals. You will oversee financial performance; comply with company SOPS; ensure adherence to company policies relating to Safety & Bio-Security; maintain targets & goals for breeding & farrowing and make recommendation to management team on operational improvements.
Reasons Why this is a Great Job for the Right Person:
- One of the top pork producing company’s in the United States – with strong employee tenure.
- Very well established and financially strong company
- Food group is the Largest Division in the company
- Environmentally sound operations
- Growth company that is adding jobs
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth
- Competitive salary, bonus, benefits & relocation assistance