LOCATION: North East,IA
A progressive family owned swine business, one of the top five swine producers in the Midwest that has been a leader in food production for over 25 years, is seeking an experienced Business Development Manager to help improve the quality of existing growers and seek out new potential growers to help deliver high quality, safe & wholesome pork product to consumers. The position will focus on achieving stated goals and strategies to accomplish the vision and growth of the company. They have operations in several Midwestern states all providing an outstanding and professional work setting. This person will be working out of the home in North East Iowa.
Reasons why this is a great job for the right person:
- One of the top three producers in the swine industry
- Team oriented company that continually develops their people
- Work out of your home calling on potential production people
- Family owned and oriented
- Leader in the food industry for over 25 years
- Performance Based Pay System
- Competitive salary, benefits and relocation assistance
- Manage contract grower relationships while collaboratively engaging with production, accounting, repair & maintenance and contract administration to maximize communication and efficiency.
- Source company-owned and contract production site leads and convert into completed projects that meet production flow, financial, and bio-security needs.
- Focus on meeting mid and long-term pig space needs to ensure the success of the Grow/Finish production system.
- Reinforce and enhance positive reputation within the swine industry and within the communities that we interact with.
Duties will include:
- Will identify, qualify and assess leads for new sites for inclusion into company’s grower system.
- Will manage new site leads from initial contact to acquisition and operation.
- Will monitor site procurement, layout & permitting and tract construction process when applicable.
- Will monitor key competitor activities in the territory and report to corporate on a regular basis
- Will serve as the liaison between the contract growers and corporate regarding issues not addressed by the Service Managers.
To be considered for this role:
- A BS or BA degree with an agriculture-based major is preferred along with five-plus years of progressive and varied business management, sales, finance, agronomy and/or marketing
- Thorough understanding of financial processes, construction project budgeting, and ability to interact effectively with land-owner and producer customers.
- Experience will be with an Agri-Based business/company dealing with Swine, Poultry, Dairy, Beef or other live production environment
- Knowledge of swine production technologies, training experience, and marketing of swine production contracts and finishing business models is preferred
- Knowledge of swine industry history, regional competitors and swine industry outlook preferred
- Self-motivated with an ability to apply independent judgment in contract negotiation, sales and recruitment process and ability to work on their own
- Must be knowledgeable in Microsoft, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel, and demonstrate adequate computer skills to communicate effectively.
Phone: (800) 799-4520
Check out our jobs at www.consearch.com